Code of ethics
The National Chiefs Fire Council sets out a code of ethics for all fire and rescue services in the UK.
With our values in mind, we will always:
- put the interests of the public, the community, and service users first
- act with integrity including being open, honest, and consistent in everything that we do
- treat people with dignity and respect, making decisions objectively based on evidence, without discrimination or bias
- be positive role models, always demonstrating flexible and resilient leadership
- be accountable for everything we do and challenge all behaviour that falls short of the highest standards
- recognise and promote the value of equality, diversity and inclusion, both within the Service and the wider communities in which we serve. We stand against all forms of discrimination, create equal opportunities, promote equality, foster good relations, and celebrate difference.