An important safety note: As with most fire services across the country, we strongly discourage any sort of re-enactment of the Great Fire of London involving burning models. These active displays are not only a fire risk, but they also promote dangerous fire setting behaviour to children.
Read the National Fire Chiefs Council position statement about re-enactments.
Our videos and worksheets will help your class to understand:
- how the Great Fire of London started
- why the fire spread
- what equipment people used to fight the fire
- how effective the equipment was
- how the fire service works today and how this affects fighting fires now
- how we can prevent a fire starting.
There are also adaptable resources available from the tes.com website.