Lundy Island Fire Station
- The fire team on Lundy are all employed by the Landmark Trust in various roles to run the Island
- They do train but due to their shift patterns on the Island it’s not on a set night
- The fire team only act defensively – they are not trained in using breathing apparatus
- Island employees are required to join either the fire team or the coastguard team
- The Island employees come and go, so the fire team personnel changes quite often. Generally, there is a watch manager, a crew manager and about 12 firefighters.
- The fire team have PPE, use of a land rover with light portable pumps and a water bowser which is towed by a tractor
- They are paid for their activity – such as incidents, training, and administration but they are not paid a retainer.