Fleet and equipment
Explore our wide range of fleet below, and learn what vehicles we use as a fire service.
If you've ever wondered how much water a fire engine can hold, how heavy a fire appliance is, or which vehicle types we have, you'll find the answers here.
- Aerial Ladder Platform (ALP) - where water needs to be distributed from above, the ALP comes in very useful.
- Argocat - an All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) that's very helpful when responding to wildfires.
- Environmental Protection Unit (EPU) - support at incidents where there's a risk of exposure to hazardous materials.
- Groundhog - part of our wildfire response, it's designed for off-road use and is able to cross difficult terrain.
- Heavy Rescue Tender (HRT) - used to deliver specialist and extra equipment to Road Traffic Collisions, and supports at rail crashes.
- Pinzgauer (Pinz) - an ATV which provides the first response to the Somerset levels in case of serious flooding.
- Prime Mover - a vehicle fitted with a hook lift, able to carry Service Pods or containers to incidents.
- Water carrier - as it sounds, this vehicle carries large amounts of water - and sometimes foam - to incidents.
- Water rescue equipment - an inflatable boat or raft with certain equipment alongside to help at different types of incident.
- 4x4 Light Vehicle - this has multiple roles: co-responding, carrying pumps, specialist rescue operations and general transportation.
See our fleet list
The list shows the make, model, type of vehicle and which station is using it.