Early years, reception and year one
We've put together resources to support the teaching of the national curriculum topic 'People who help us', along with some simple safety advice.
To request a copy of our Early Learning Fire Safety presentation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The content of the resource packs will help you teach children:
- how the fire service help us
- who helps the fire service
- simple safety and prevention advice
- the number to call in an emergency.
- a presentation with live footage of fire engines and firefighters at work
- age-appropriate tasks and presentations in clear and simple formats
- content that can be built on in subsequent sessions carried out by our education advocates that links to the PSHE curriculum
- teaching notes with key messages that help support delivery and can be adapted
- a set of tasks to consolidate learning and understanding (for use in class or as homework).
Visits to support the delivery of 'People who help us'
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer stand-alone sessions or visits with fire engines for 'People who help us' and variations of this topic.
There may be the opportunity to add on a short session for early years foundation stage (EYFS) classes to our school education visit to year 2 and year 5 pupils. Please liaise with your key stage coordinators or school colleagues to plan such a visit.
We are unable to guarantee a session for EYFS, pre-schools or nurseries even if a request is made.
We ask that school staff do not directly approach stations, firefighters, parents/friends/relatives of firefighters to request a visit.