It's an exciting time to join our Service, the largest non-metropolitan fire and rescue service in the UK. Fire and Rescue Services are changing and we are no exception. Our role goes far beyond fighting fires and we are continually looking for ways to build on our effectiveness and efficiency to to improve public and staff safety.
We are looking for a part-time Information Governance Officer to join our team. This is a key role within the Service's Information Governance Team. You will be responsible for championing effective information management and being an ambassador for all specialist disciplines within the governance framework.
As Information Governance Officer, your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as first point of contact for queries on Data Protection, Freedom of Information and Environmental Information Regulations and requests for information.
- Managing the security event reporting process
- Facilitating the Information Risk Impact Assessments process
- Completing Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Managing the Service's data protection and cyber security training platform
- Implementing and administering procedures adhering to statutory timescales in identifying information that is held relating to natural living persons who have the right to access, restrict and delete their personal data.
- Advising on legislative matters and applying Public / Legitimate Interest Tests to determine whether the Service is in favour of information disclosure.
- Analysing information disclosure trends to proactively inform and maintain the Services legally required Publication Scheme.
- Monitoring Service compliance with the Data Transparency Code
- Managing the process for responding to requests for Incident Reports and Incident / Call Logs
- Carrying out compliance - based audits to monitor Service compliance of Data Protection and FOI / EIR legislation
- Facilitating the Service's secure email system and administration of user accounts, any FOI requests for internal review or response to complaints
- Facilitating and evaluation of the annual IAO Statement of Assurance returns
Find out more and apply
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to interpret legislation and comprehend complex decision notices from the ICO and Tribunals
- Be confident to deliver training to stakeholders and raise general awareness to all staff
- Display original thinking and creativity. You should be able to prepare & present arguments based on fact and have the skills to convince others and provide resolution.
- Demonstrate excellent trend analysis and report writing skills
- Be able to set and manage priorities; deliver expected outcomes and effectively overcome barriers to change
- Working effectively at a practitioner level within at least one information governance discipline (information security, records management or information compliance).
- Managing FOI and EIR requests
- Responding to Subject Access Requests
- Systems-thinking based approach to reconciling different datasets
- Trend analysis, evaluation and report writing
- Degree in a relevant field, or at least 2 years' experience in a similar role.
- GDPR Practitioners Certification - Appropriate training can be provided for the right candidate.
- FOI and EIR Practitioners Certification - Appropriate training can be provided for the right candidate.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the HMG Security Policy Framework associated policies and ISO 27001, Personal Information Management Systems and ISO 277001, Records Management System and ISO 15489
You must have a driving licence and a willingness to travel to sites within Devon & Somerset and nationally.
How to apply for the Information Governance Officer role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click "apply" today to submit your CV and complete a short application for consideration.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Please note that this vacancy may close before the advertised closing date if a suitable number of applications have been received.
As a Service and as individuals:
- We are proud to help
- We are honest
- We are respectful
- We are working together
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service recognise and celebrate the vast diversity of the local communities that we serve and aspire for this to be reflected within our workforce. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, experience and beliefs, who share our values to join our team.
£31895.00 - £34373.00 gross pro rata
22.2 hours per week