DCFO Salary: £134,510 pa (this is inclusive of a 20% uplift for standby duty within the Principal Duty Officer Rota), plus car allowance of £7350 or a provided vehicle.
ACFO Salary: £121,543 pa (this is inclusive of a 20% uplift for standby duty within the Principal Duty Officer Rota), plus car allowance of £7350 or a provided vehicle.
Relocation Assistance package available towards the cost of relocating.
The closing date is 0900hrs on 6 December 2021. To apply, click on the apply button at the top of this advert.
Following the impending retirement of the current post holder, we are looking for a highly experienced, ambitious and dynamic individual who will form a key part of an effective team, driving reform and improvement across the Service.
At the same time, we anticipate a number of vacancies arising in the foreseeable future so we will also be running an Assistant Chief Fire Officer (designate) process in parallel.
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service is the largest non-metropolitan fire and rescue service in England. We provide prevention, protection and response services across the counties of Devon and Somerset (including Torbay and Plymouth Unitaries). We have 83 fire stations and over 2,000 highly skilled and motivated staff who work tirelessly to protect the 1.8 million people who live in our two counties.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a dynamic, progressive organisation who are on a continuous journey of improvement. We have much to be proud of and more to do to achieve our vision that together, we will work to end preventable fire and rescue emergencies, creating a safer world for you and your family.
The successful candidate will:
- be an experienced substantive Area or Brigade Manager
- have an authentic values based leadership style.
- have a high degree of political awareness and excellent communication skills.
- have a proven track record of leading significant organisational change.
- be a competent incident commander with the ability and confidence to command at Gold/Silver level.
- have a track record of leading organisational wide change ideally having Principal Officer level experience in a Fire and Rescue Service (and/or HMICFRS/NFCC National lead).
- have significant experience working closely with Fire Authority elected members, Police and Crime Commissioners and Local Authority leaders.
- be experienced and confident in working with the media.
- be able to interpret and analyse complex financial information.
- have a strong focus on People given that you will be providing corporate level leadership of the people function.
- will have many examples of improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- will be a strong team player, able to drive improvements and directly support the Chief Fire Officer discharge his responsibilities.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including provided car/car allowance and pension scheme contributions.
- A CV (max two pages)
- A Supporting Statement (max four pages) detailing how you meet the requirement of the role and which of the positions you are applying for.
- A 500 word statement which articulates your Vision for DSFRS.
Shortlisting will take place on 7 December 2021 and successful candidates will be invited to interview on 15 December 2021. A reserve date of 16 December will also be held should this be necessary.
As a Service and as individuals we are:
- Proud to Help
- Working Together
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service recognise and celebrate the vast diversity of the local communities that we serve and aspire for this to be reflected within our workforce. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds, experience and beliefs, who share our values to join our team.