There is clear evidence that sprinklers can be effective in rapidly controlling and stopping the spread of fires.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service are campaigning to inform, educate and promote the installation of sprinkler systems in both Domestic (Dwellings) and Non-Domestic (Commercial) premises.
Sprinklers play a positive role in protecting life, reducing the economic and environmental cost of fire in any building they are installed in.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service believe more focus should be directed to properties where the most significant impact can be achieved. We believe this includes;
- Premises in rural or isolated areas
- Residential care homes
- Domestic premises housing the most vulnerable.
- Reduce fire deaths and fire related injuries
- Reduce the risk to operational crews
- Protect property and heritage
- Reduce the effects of arson
- Reduce the environmental impact of fire
- Reduce the cost and disruption to the community and business.