Arson is a criminal act defined by the Criminal Damage Act 1971 and only offences that meet the definition of the act can be properly termed arson.
The act of arson is also an antisocial activity which is included in the Crime and Disorder Act 1998.You can find more information on the Crown Prosecution Service website:
In addition, here are lots of useful external websites:-
- Arson Prevention Forum
- Communities and Local Government
- Crime Reduction Toolkit Arson
- Association of British Insurers
- Trading Standards Institute
- Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency
- Insurance Fraud Bureau
various guidance is also available via our 'What you can do' pages.