Our control staff are on hand to answer your 999 emergency calls. Based at the Exeter control room, the control staff answer calls 24 hours a day and make sure the required resources are mobilised to the incident. This can be a fire at a residential property, a collision or another life endangering situation.The control room is responsible for:
- Acceptance of emergency and non-emergency calls from a range of sources
- Mobilising of resources. i.e firefighters and equipment
- Maintaining communication throughout an incident
- Mobilising additional resources as required
- Maintaining a database of information on fire and rescue service operational resources
- Liaising with other emergency and non-emergency agencies. For example, Police, Ambulance or the Environment Agency.